Tuesday 1 March 2016

Cosmetics Haul

Hello all! I have recently purchased some new makeup during a trip to town
 and I decided to show you in a classic haul post!



I purchased these for the purpose of trying them out - I have never used any of these products before but after researching their reviews by other bloggers, I decided I'd give them a go! 

Soap & Glory "One Heck Of A Blot" primer, £10 from Boots!

I had no idea that Soap and Glory had released a primer till I spotted it at their counter in Boots! Oily skin is the bane of my life and whilst I use a decent mattifying primer, it can be drying in certain areas, such as my nose - finding a primer with the right balance is no easy task! I had my eye on the Too Faced Hangover primer, however after swatching, I realised the shimmery finish wasn't for me, so after swatching the One Heck Of A Blot, I decided to purchase! I am looking forward to seeing how well this serves as it contains anti pore properties as well as Vitamin E - hopefully it will not break me out!


Soap & Glory "Kick Ass: All Is Calm" green concealer, £8 from Boots!


Another Soap and Glory product I hadn't heard of; the new Kick Ass concealers appealed to me as I suffer with skin discolouration due to scarring. There's also a purple version available for under eye circles and a super blur eraser in white packaging! I picked up the green one as my current anti redness primer isn't doing all much for me. I swatched the product before buying and I was pleased with the creamy, pigmented consistency, so I figured I'd give it a go!

For some reason, I was only charged £13 in total for both Soap and Glory items and I can only assume it's a new product offer they failed to mention at the till! Naturally, I was pleased of course. 

Kiko Lip Volume Cream £6.90, Kiko Outlet in Birmingham City Centre.

I was aware a new Kiko store had opened in the Bull Ring, Birmingham but I hadn't took much notice of it before. I decided to have a gander in the outlet and was drawn to the skin care products and their reasonable prices. Lip care is something I take more seriously nowadays - I always use a nourishing lipbalm daily under my lip plumper and I like to apply a enlarging formula at night before bed. One of my pet peeves about lip plumpers, is that the majority of them are far too glossy for my liking so after swatching this Kiko lip cream and discovering it was a matte transparent finish, I decided to buy it and see if it serves its purpose over time! 

 L'Oreal Lip Liner Couture in Berry Blush, £3.99 from Superdrug.

I was hoping to pick up the "Soar" lipliner from Mac as it matched my natural lip tone very well. Sadly, it was out of stock (thanks Kylie Jenner) and I figured I should just look for a drugstore dupe as I would not normally purchase a high end lipliner. This L'oreal pencil is a different colour to soar but I liked how it looked swatched on my hand so I picked it up as I didn't have a whole lot to lose! 


Mac Lipstick in "Mehr" £15.50 from the Mac Cosmetics Concession in Selfridges, Bull Ring, Birmingham City Centre. 

I'd been looking for a "your lips but better" colour for a while and struggled to find a drugstore colour that matched and had my desired matte finish. After spending a good 10 minutes testing lipsticks in the Mac store, I decided to purchase the "Mehr" colour - a matte, blue toned pink lipstick. It's a great nude and suits my lip colour very well - I can't wait to use this for everyday wear!

 Mac Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation, in NW15, £22.00, Mac Cosmetics Concession Store, Selfridges, Bull Ring, Birmingham City Centre. 


This was the "naughty" buy of all the products in the haul. I didn't particularly need a new powder, however I've been wanting to try it for ages so after deciding on the appropriate shade, I caved and got it! As for the results? Well, we shall see! I love the Mineralize powder but it can get a little oily for my liking so Studio Fix should definitely be moore mattifying on my skin! Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with Mac's sheer pressed powder (I broke out) but like they say; you don't know until you try! 

If you've read my post, thanks a bunch and I hope you enjoyed it!

Comment below if you have or want to try the products mentioned! How did they serve for you?


Shez :)

Social Media:

2 comments:

  1. Nice post :) have you tried the Soap & glory colour corrector? How is it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much :D

    I have and it's good for rosy cheeks! :)

    ReplyDelete