Thursday 25 February 2016

Update: 2016 so far and Jak & Daxter

Hello all, I thought I'd do an "update on my life" fashioned post. I started writing this battling through a virus that kept me off work last week, whilst completing some coursework as an addition.



Source: gameraboy.tumblr.com

So it's been a couple of months since my last life update post and 2016 isn't panning out too bad (so far) which is a good start. I have spent time with my loved ones and I'm in the process of planning some days out and trips with my partner Lee and friends. Other than that, we are working as usual, watching documentaries, attempting home made dishes and so forth. We hope that by the end of the year, we can start looking for an apartment together and secure our own place by 2017. I am still working as a trainee advertising coordinator and January marked my year anniversary with my firm - this is a milestone for me because it took me quite a while to find suitable employment after finishing education. One of the best things that have come out of this job is the fact I have been enrolled onto a Marketing course

The benefits of studying alongside working:
You can take enjoyment out of learning additional, lifelong skills! Extra qualifications and knowledge can get the attention of the right Employer’s and move you a step up in your Marketing career. Both me and my employer agreed it would be in my best interest to undertake a course as I have been entirely self-taught for a year prior to my enrolment. For me, knowledge speaks wisdom and I can take what I have learnt on board and put it into practise at work, particularly in a financial advisory industry where you need a definite customer/marketing persona to help determine your target customers. I can learn to use sufficient tools and create the best social media strategies to get Spires where it needs to be – a marketing professional is definitely one of the most valuable members of staff for a business. . Completing and passing this course could open a lot of doors for me, career wise. Whilst I am happy to stay in my current job, I DO want to be promoted to a higher position, e.g. a Marketing Manager as opposed to a trainee or an assistant.


My course is a part time online home learning based platform which is a fantastic route to go for if you don't wish to give up your job for full time education - this is often the case for many adult learners. Whilst I was in education at a college and university centre, there were no Marketing courses available, however I do believe my past studies in media played a huge part in me deciding to choose an advertising career.

I have recently submitted the first Tutor Marked Assessment and the approx end of my course is next January/February, 2017.

Jak & Daxter



Source: sangorox.tumblr.com

So when I'm not working or studying I am playing the Jak and Daxter series. Yes! I first played the original Playstation 2 Precursor Legacy (2001, Naughty Dog) back in 2006, followed by the sequels Jak 2 (2003) and Jak 3 (2004) whom I successfully completed later in the year. The Precursor legacy is a typical Naughty Dog game, complete with a fantasy world platform, eccentric characters to match and various missions to undertake to progress through the game. The human race featured in the Jak games all have long pointy ears (just one of their many distinctive features)to suggest they are a mixed breed of human and another sort of mammal.

The main protagonists are Sandover Village born Jak, a young male who does not speak (barr the odd grunting and occasionally saying ouch) until later games, along with his best friend and sidekick Daxter, formally a regular human who was accidentally transformed into a small rodent type creature with bright orange fur. They live with their legal guardian Samos Hagai, a green eco sage and his daughter, a mechanic named Keira.


Source: raidinghearts.tumblr.com


The unfortunate incident happened in a dreary location opposite their home Island known as "Misty Island" - the pair were exploring and Daxter fell into a dark eco (eco is a powerful liquid source of power with the green version containing healing properties and the dark containing harmful substances) pool by accident, resulting in his transformation. The two villains of the game, siblings Gol and Maia witnessed the event and approached Daxter claiming he could be reverted back to his original form before fleeing the scene- it's this very moment that changed everything for Jak and Daxter.

PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU WANT TO AVOID POSSIBLE SMALL SPOILERS! SCROLL PAST TO READ THE REST OF MY POST:




Source: kratosbeard.tumblr.com

After many travels collecting precursor eggs, power cells, restoring technology, fighting baddies and finishing off those annoying lurker creatures; Jak and Daxter realised just how evil and power hungry Gol and Maia were. Gol and Maia constructed a large Precursor (ancient and powerful races) robot with means to gain as much dark eco as possible - of course, Jak and Daxter saved the day and all seemed well. However, happy endings don't last forever right? 


Source: p44si.tumblr.com


At the beginning of Jak 2, we see the main protagonists along with Keira and Samos; "experimenting" with a rift rider and warp screen, which was discovered by the crew after Gol and Maia's defeat. As they all prepared to fly into the warp screen (common use of travelling in the world of Jak) a large, terrifying entity appears before their eyes and they're all flung through the portal as fast as a blink of an eye.
 

jak
Source: http://www.gamestm.co.uk/


Source: Sangorox.tumblr.com


Jak and Daxter land in an unfamiliar futuristic "Haven City" with Samos and Keira nowhere to be seen. Before they have the chance to get familiar with their surroundings, heavily armed guards appear and take a frightened looking Jak away, whilst Daxter manages to escape. Two years later, we see Jak enclosed in a dark isolated building, tied down to a chair and being experimented on. A new character "Baron Praxis" - the city ruler proclaims his "frustration" over Jak surviving the amount of "dark eco" that was injected in him over the past two years. They leave the scene and Daxter appears to have snuck into the building, attempting to rescue Jak. Daxter claimed he searched for Jak all this time and pleaded with him to say something, just this once. For the first time, Jak finally spoke, with his chilling line "I'm going to kill praxis".


Source: novaraptor.tumblr.com


 Daxter was taken aback by the sudden display of aggression in his once placid friend Jak and was stunned as a frustrated Jak transformed into a darker, beast like version of himself, fuelled with rage and eco power.


Source: weaponsgradeadmiration.tumblr.com


Thankfully Jak quickly recognised Daxter as his best friend and returned to his usual state. It was then confirmed that Baron Praxis had changed Jak's DNA with dark eco, making him twice as strong as he was before. If he consumed enough dark eco cells (can be dropped by enemies following their demise), he would be able to transform and use his powers to fend off enemies.


Source: maricri.tumblr.com


It was then, that complete with his new attire Daxter provided for him, that they set off on their new venture, wondering why they were transported to a seemingly new world and how to stop the evil "metal heads" from taking over the world they now live in.
  

Source: shinsubas.tumblr.com

I shall not say anymore and if you're interested, then play the games - they're now available as a full set for the Playstation 3 in high definition!


Source: inverdernav.tumblr.com

Jak 3 (2004)

 A stand alone racing platform: Jak X: Combat Racing (2005)
Originally a PSP Release: Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (2009)
Spin off prequel game (PSP): Daxter, set after the first Jak and before the events in Haven City, Jak 2.


Purchase the Jak and Daxter trilogy (1-3) set here!

I'll let you all know how I served with completing Jak 2 and 3 (for the millionth time) in a future update post!

Thanks very much for reading, I bid you all a pleasant day!

Shez

BlogLovin




No comments:

Post a Comment