Sunday 20 March 2016

LA Splash Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in Fantasy - Review!

Hello all! Today, I will be sharing my thoughts on a liquid lipstick that has become a new found favourite!



Disclaimer: Product was purchased with my own money, I have no affiliation with LA Splash or Cocktail Cosmetics!


I have heard of LA Splash cosmetics before but I only just purchased my first product from the brand and it has become a firm favourite!


Liquid Lipsticks are a revolutionary product, made for a matte perfect finish with high colour pigments. Some brands liquid lipsticks have a tendency to be too drying whereas other companies such as the Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks offer a flake free finish! La Splash are one of the brands that offer a perfect result on the lips!


(Image property of cocktailcosmetics.co.uk)

I visited the Cocktail Cosmetics outlet in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham. They stock imports are only available to purchase online or abroad - super handy and saves you on shipping fees! I have visited the store a few times before and you're guaranteed to feel MEGA indecisive once you step foot in it! There's so much choice and every product in the shop is laid out beautifully. If you live close enough to Birmingham, it's definitely worth a visit. Even better, the store located opposite Sutton Coldfield train station! 

Amongst my browsing and decision making, I came across the LA Splash section and was drawn to the pinky nude shades. 


LA Splash are a USA based cosmetics company and their lip products have received raved reviews in the world of beauty! Well known competitors include NYX, Kylie Jenner and Lime Crime! These are one of the more price friendly brands!


I've been loving the "your lips but better" tones and thanks to Kylie Jenner, so many of them have been released! I was looking for a liquid lipstick formula in the colour I desired, as I only had one (Mac Mehr) in the standard wax form. I picked up the matte liquid velvet in "Fantasy" (£9.95) after swatching the colour and being super impressed with it!

"Fantasy" features in the "Forbidden Kiss" collection, a collaboration with Laura G, who upon research, I discovered she is a popular blogger/MUA and sells cruelty free nail varnish online!

 I tried "Fantasy"  on as soon as I got back in the car - the consistency is flawless, it's a non drying formula that effortlessly glides (classic wand applicator) on your lips. Not only does this offer easy application, the finish gives you the illusion of a plumper pout, so most of you can skip the lip liner! I was so pleased with the colour turn out as an addition! It looks super natural so it's ideal for everyday wear since it's not too overpowering - yet, it still makes a statement! 





In terms of longevity this didn't disappoint. I would never expect ANY cosmetic to last all day, it's just not realistic. After consuming food and drink, this manages to stay on your lips. It definitely fades in certain areas but nonetheless, the colour will stain your lips to a degree. Regarding removal, a good cleanser will do the trick. Failing that, you could use a wet wipe or a flannel! 

(Appearance of product without flash)


(Wand/Colour with and without flash camera)

Before applying the product, I recommend you exfoliate your lips as this is not a product intended for moisture. Dry cracked lips are no good for a matte finish, so I suggest you use a flannel or a lip scrub to scrape away any flakes. No matter what, I ALWAYS apply a lip balm before applying any sort of lipstick - prep and prime makes perfect after all!

I would definitely repurchase this product, perhaps in a different shade next time, just to try it out! Fantasy is a gorgeous pink nude with subtle brown tones - I think this would work with most skin tones but it how it appears will differ for each person! 


Pros:

Not too expensive

Excellent Quality

Long Lasting

Pigmented Colour

Natural Finish

Non-Drying formula
Plumping


Cons:
Not easy available in the UK
May be too drying for some



Purchase LA Splash Matte Velvet HERE!

Thanks for reading! :D

Shez :)


Social Networks:


Instagram: shez_palmer





No comments:

Post a Comment