Thursday 23 October 2014

*REVIEW* Mehron Tattoo Cover - TC1

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well! I am here today to bring you another beauty review - this time on a revolutionary product I received in the mail today!

Mehron, Tattoo Cover - TC1, £10.99 




You might be reading this and assuming I have a tattoo I want to cover for a special event - very wrong! I actually have no tattoos at this moment in time, I like them, but as I am unemployed, I am in no position to be getting any, lets face it! I was browsing on eBay for a high coverage concealer to hide my acne scars and dark circles. When it comes to base makeup, I always go for high coverage products purely because I know I will only have to use a small amount - therefore the product will last longer and I won't be wasting any money! I currently use Estee Lauder, Double Wear, Maximum Cover foundation (Creamy Vanilla) which is great but sometimes; I don't want to wear foundation as I hate the feeling of wearing much on my skin! Not only that, but the Double Wear retails at a rather hefty £29.50 - ain't nobody got time for that. 

I have stumbled across the likes of theatrical stage make-up online for years but never bothered to get anything remotely similar till now. Tattoo coverage products can also be used for facial flaws and you know you're bound to get decent coverage, even if they don't work too well on hiding body art! Mehron (links to their official website) was one of the cheapest stage products I could find - I purchased the lightest shade of this tattoo cover cream in TC1 and contains 25gm of product!



I was very worried about the shade of this cover cream because although this is the LIGHTEST shade available in the range, it looks so dark doesn't it? The packaging is rather amusing though, right? Plus it states it's waterproof which can't be a bad thing eh? As you can see, the product contains Castor Oil which is amazing for your skin and hair - a highly encouraging ingredient! ;)


The product comes in basic "no fuss" packaging!



Mini swatch on finger tip shows this is a pigmented product. When I first touched the product in the pot it felt quite hard but turns into a more creamy consistency once applied onto the skin. You must PAT this product on, in order to get an efficient amount of coverage onto your skin - smearing is a no no with this product!

WARNING,  UNFLATTERING PICTURES:


This is how the cover cream looked on my skin BEFORE using my powder to set the product! It looks rather pale on photos but I promise you will not resemble a ghost! It was actually the PERFECT colour for my skin.


How my skin looks with additional setting powder! I used BOOTS 17 Stay Time compact. I wasn't going anywhere special today so I have kept my make-up very minimal here! I was very happy with the coverage provided and a little goes a LONG way. It also did a smashing job on my dark circles - I apologize for the lack of skin pictures but I don't own a good quality camera and it was tough just to get the above images to look as crystal clear as possible! I will definitely re-purchase this product but I don't see it running out anytime soon!

If you're looking for something that works better than drugstore foundations/concealers but don't want to spend horrific amounts then Mehron might be the product for you!

I can't speak for how the results would be on tattoo's sorry! If you've used this on your body art then comment and let me know how it turned out!

Thanks for reading! :D

Shez x

No comments:

Post a Comment