Friday 7 July 2017

Mini Lush Haul: Retread & Coal Face




Please excuse the layout of my blog template and the structure of paragraphs in this post. I am currently making changes that are not yet completed.

I've never owned many Lush products. I remember going absolutely crazy for their bath bombs when I was still in Junior school, til the novelty wore off. Since then, the only products I have owned from LUSH are lip scrubs and bath products gifted to me at Christmas. For a while now, I have been interested and supportive of cruelty free products, especially those that are organic - less parabens, perfumes and synthetic substances are less harmful for the skin right? As stated earlier, I was running low on face wash and conditioner and lets be honest, they're pretty much your everyday essentials, particularly face wash which I do use twice daily! I was previously using Clearisal to alleviate my acne breakouts but the ingredients are not particularly skin friendly and I believe the brand are not opposed to animal testing. 


LUSH Retread Conditioner




I'd ran out of face wash and my conditioner was practically empty so I decided to head into LUSH for replacements!

'Feeling tyred? Sometimes your hair just needs a pit stop. If you've been living life in the fast lane, give your locks a thorough MOT with this restorative hair conditioner packed with soya yoghurt and organic extra virgin olive oil to repair from root to tip.

Fresh cantaloupe melon has a rich, pulpy texture that will refresh hair and scalp and organic jojoba and extra virgin olive oils ensure your hair has that little extra stretch when you brush. Fuel up on organic avocado and rich soya yoghurt to add softness and hydration, while agar agar gel wraps around each strand to protect your locks from the daily grind. In no time at all, your hair will be back on track.'


I purchased the medium sized pot (245g) for £11.50. I like how it comes in various weights in accordance to customer needs. The smallest size would be useful for someone who wants to try the conditioner as a one off. To be honest, this product hasn't wowed me. I towel dried my hair after shampooing and lathered Retread on the ends of my hair. The scent was fairly strong but didn't bother me; I was just disappointed that this conditioner didn't feel as soft and creamy as other conditioners I used previously. I left it on a good hour or so for deep, intensive moisture - my poor hair is naturally dry and has been at it's worst as of late. 

After thorough rinsing and letting it dry naturally, it felt as though there was still product in my hair, like a heavy weight. I can only assume I applied too much or it's best left on whilst you're shaving your legs in the shower for 5 minutes instead of leaving it to penetrate the hair for an hour or two. I don't believe my locks got much moisture out of this but I am going to try using it as a quick fix for my ends before applying intensive conditioners, rather than judge it based off my first attempt. 



LUSH Coal Face wash



'A gentle soap made with antiseptic rosewood, sandalwood, and absorbent charcoal that can be used on the face and body. Sandalwood oil gives this soap a distinctive earthy fragrance. Charcoal is known for its absorbency, while liquorice root softens the skin and rosewood oil has antiseptic properties. It’s gentle enough for your face, but you can use it all over your body. Simply use as a soap and wash the day off.'

The reason I went for this particular wash is because my skin is oily beyond belief. My skin is very resilient and hardly any product will touch it - not even two chemical peels could eliminate the shine. You see, controlling the production of sebum will reduce acne breakouts and sometimes, regular drugstore washes are just NOT going to get the job done. I did my research and found this was quite popular among other oily skinned bloggers. I was torn between Coal Face and Dark Angels but hell, I ain't playin (lol), I wanted something with high industrial strength.



If you purchase coal face in store, you will be required to take the whole chunk of the soap to the til and have your desired amount cut for you to take home. I've got to commend the staff - it was a very busy Saturday and I found the hustle and bustle overwhelming but the poor staff endure that ALL day, whilst using a knife to cut into soap. Damn, I'd be terrified the ambience would cause me to lose focus and chop my fingers off so hats off to them! I chose the smallest chunk possible and even that's a pretty large bar of soap. It cost me £6.35 in total.

So far, so good. I find it easy to use. I read about the product being messy and leaving black residue but this wasn't the case for me. All you have to do is simply wet your face and use rub the soap on your face for exfoliation and a deep cleanse, followed by good rinse. I have noticed a slight reduction oil but it hasn't been long enough left. I don't expect a miracle worker, after all, I'd just like to have more control over the production of oil and acne on my face.

Massive thank you for reading, as always! Let me know your thoughts in the comment box below!



Links:

Feel free to check out my social media networks and do indeed follow me!



Follow my Instagram at: shez_palmer


Snapchat: xmako_eyesx

No comments:

Post a Comment