Wednesday 21 June 2017

UPDATE: Where have I been?

So I haven't published a blog post in several months and this post is an explanation as to why I've had a break from blogging. Please continue reading, should you wish to find the answers you seek! 




This has been somewhat of an unexpected absence. I have no justifiable excuse as to why I haven't posted in 4 months. No creative block stood in my way- I had plenty of ideas jotted down. The perpetrator of the disappearance? My poor motivational factors. 

 animated time watch hands clock GIF


I had a (expected but still harrowing) change occur in my personal life that slowly sapped the life out of me. I could no longer be bothered to write content or quite frankly be arsed to attempt to enhance my online presence. One thing that I need to stress is that all forms of my online content is for enjoyment and not for business. I know some individuals are bursting with enthusiasm regarding the development of their influence online, which is great, fantastic, I genuinely applaud you. Why? It takes guts. Real guts to put yourself out there and expose a percentage of your life to the public.

The social media, YouTube and blogging industry has become quite the 'norm', especially for younger audiences who have lived their teen years exposed to tutorials online. In my teen years, circa 200/6/7/8, online exposure wasn't so accessible - many public figures garnered fame from their music or extravagant sense of style. Individually is hard to come by nowadays as everyone wants to be 'unique' yet we all blend together, bathed in our glorified ideas of individuality. Marketing plays a big part in followings but ultimately, you've got to have that special something, whether it be how you market yourself or simply put, your face. Maybe it's the right time, right place, or another influencer has recommended you by chance.

I don't fit into a specific category , I like to be open minded regarding the content I post, I don't want limitations, boundaries to define who I am. Through Those Mako Eyes is my brand but most of all, a representation of myself, Shez. So in essence, what I'm merely trying to point out is that I don't want to feel pressured into creating an online presence at all. Sure I'll link my blog over my social media feeds but that's simply because I CHOOSE to and not bound down to the fact I wish for every single follower of mine to read it and share it. I do it all for me, it's a therapeutic hobby, hence my reasoning for those 'Egos' posts.

I don't want to go into massive detail about the personal events that drained my blogging mojo but it definitely helped me come to a realisation: I should continue to blog as a hobby because I ENJOY it. I shall continue to blog because it's a fantastic addition for my curriculum vitae. If you didn't know, I'm actually qualified in marketing and previously worked as a trainee marketing coordinator for a financial firm till I was made redundant. So, this blog could open doors for me and I feel the fact that it's not a specific category could be beneficial - video games, reviews, medical rants and raves, there's a catalogue of writings to my name.  



Are there any acting projects in the pipeline?

No. I've decided to embark on an indefinite hiatus from acting. I'm not in the right place and frame of mind to be putting myself out there - I am my own worst enemy, my worst critic and I aim to be more kind to myself. 

What else?

Well, if you follow my Instagram, you may have noticed I've finally built up the courage to start cosplaying! So with that, you can expect cosplay related posts coming to the blog soon!

Links:


Feel free to check out my social media networks and do indeed follow me!

Like my Facebook Page

Follow my Instagram at: shez_palmer

Follow my Twitter

Snapchat: shezpalmer91


Gif Source:


Clock


No comments:

Post a Comment