Thursday 20 July 2017

BEAUTY BAY: Jeffree Star Chrome Summer Collection: Butt Naked Liquid Lip & Skin Tight Lip Ammunition




As soon as Jeffree previewed his Summer launch via snapchat, I instantly print screened the teasers, messaging my friends in delight and anticipation. Thank the cosmetic Lords for BeautyBay - when Cocktail Cosmetics announced they were no longer stocking Jeffree's products, I died a little inside. The 2017 Chrome Summer collection was released over BeautyBay in June and if you've read my post on the Christmas collection, you'll see i have previously received adequate service from the beauty retailer, putting my mind at ease that I won't have to wait too long for my treats to be delivered!


You receive (UK) free NEXT day delivery on Jeffree Star cosmetics through BeautyBay!

I thought I'd share my unboxing experience in pictures. BeautyBay orders arrive in a recycle friendly, study box, well wrapped, complete with bubble wrap to secure products.


                             





The Chrome packaging is to die for - the boxes glow and are literally stamped with Jeffree's imagination. The actual product packaging? Amazing indeed, I was astounded by the gorgeous shiny packaging and I must admit, I think the quality has improved as of late.




When it comes to aesthetically pleasing cosmetics, Jeffree always delivers. I never tried his summer range from 2016, I honestly wasn't feeling it or the packaging but my my,  Jeffree stepped up his game - the colour and product range is much more broad this time round. Along with the lipsticks, the chrome summer collection sees the release of limited edition shades and flavours in the Skin Frost highlighters (2 new shades) and the Velour Lip Scrubs (3 new shades), the latter being sold out as I type this very sentence.
You.Better.Work Chrome Summer Limited Edition Summer Bundle


Skin Frost Chrome Summer












(Images property of Jeffree Star/Beauty Bay cosmetics, taken from the BeautyBay Jeffree Star Cosmetics section. All rights to JSC.)


Back to the two lipsticks I purchased!


                            


It is indeed possible to purchase the whole Summer Chrome liquid and ammunition lipstick collection (lipstick vault) or the 'You Better Work" liquid lipstick range at $195 and $105 dollars respectively, via the official website. However, if you're not USA based, the total cost along with shipping fees may set you back. Having said that, you'd be possibly paying a higher fee to purchase the lipsticks individually (with shipping) and you could always sell the colours you have no intention of wearing or perhaps pass on ones you've not got along with as well as others.


For UK buyers, there's the option of purchasing the "You better work" summer liquid lipstick bundle on Beauty Bay for £110.




Lip Ammunition in Skin Tight: £16, Beauty Bay.


A firm favourite of the Beauty Queen himself, Jeffree has worn this light pink toned nude on many occasions, often describing it as an 'everyday' nude for all skin tones. I don't quite agree with this statement because it's such a pale colour, it may appear too chalky for some. The scent is delicious - think of the pic and mix aisle at the cinema and that's how this lipstick smells. Wonderful indeed. The formula is super pigmented and gives a non drying satin finish, though you may still want to exfoliate your lips beforehand as the pigmentation causes the payoff to be slightly uneven on chapped skin. 



It appears quite pink on my naturally red toned lips - here is a decent quality image of me reppin Skin Tight the best I possibly can!



Velour Liquid Lipstick in Butt Naked: £16, Beauty Bay. 


Clearly, you can never have too many nude shades and all for it - teenagers of today will never have to endure the humiliation of foundation/concealer lips! Jeffree has created yet another revolutionary skin shade in Butt Naked. There's no scent to this lipstick and the formula is consistent with previous releases in regards to it's matte, pigmented finish.


I'm sensing a lot of coral vibes with this one. It's definitely not neutral and not for the faint hearted. I will probably mix this shade with another to make it appear somewhat wearable on me - when I get round to doing that, I'll update this post by adding a picture of me wearing it!




Swatches: 

Top: Liquid Lip, Butt Naked
Bottom: Lip Ammunition, Skin Tight



As you can see, they're both unique nude tones, just two shades in a broad spectrum of skin friendly tones released in the Beauty industry. Skin Tight is a lot more cool in tone compared to the warm peach hint seen in Butt Naked.


Overall, I think the whole Chrome Summer range is a HIT - there's a lot more diversity in the colour range and the packaging seems to have improved on a whole in terms of quality. Obviously I have only purchased a measly two shades from the collection so I highly suggest you check out the following links to discover the fabulous offerings from Jeffree this Summer!





Thank you for reading and let me express my gratitude for your patience in waiting for my posts to get published.

Let me know of your first impressions of the Summer collection in the comment box below!


Connect with me:



Follow my Instagram at: shez_palmer

Snapchat: xmako_eyesx

No comments:

Post a Comment