Sunday 27 August 2017

August favourites -Skincare, hair and dental care!




Hi all! I thought I'd share my favourite products purchased this month! We are nearing the end of August, 2017 and it's not like I'll be making additional purchases so why not show my best bits off now?



Biore CHARCOAL deep pore cleanser face wash for oily skin, on offer for £3.45 from £5.19 at Superdrug.

Lets start off with this face wash. I came across the Biore range in Superdrug and noticed how many of their products contain baking soda as an ingredient. Baking soda is known as a useful home remedy for blemished skin and can be used with lemon to soften the appearance of flawed and scarred skin.  I myself have blemish prone, oily skin and figured this wouldn't do any harm, though I already use a home solution with the ingredient so I opted for this charcoal wash instead.





The product is a gorgeous black colour, much like the Lush Coal Face soap and I purchased prior to this - why would I get a face wash that has similar ingredients? Sometimes, I find a bar soap to be more hassle during busy days and a liquid formula with a pump provides added convenience to my morning routine. Whilst lathered on my face, I get a tingly sensation from using this product and I can feel the product fully penetrating my skin, attacking my pores and breakouts - I can't deny how fresh my skin feels after using this and I will consider repurchasing.


John Frieda Frizz Ease Super Strength, 6 Effects serum. RRP £6.99 at Superdrug. 


So I have used this before but I found myself repurchasing in a time of need. I couldn't help but notice how frizzy and static my hair appeared during my working hours and it pained me. I usually apply coconut oil or my olive oil spray daily before venturing outdoors but I found myself searching for more specific solution, hence being drawn to John Frieda's classic 'Frizz Ease' range, targeting the likes of me!





This is the extra strength edition of the of their classic serum and I use it on my hair both wet and dry. It's a none greasy formula which I love and it definitely reduces my frizz - my only issue is I don't think this company is cruelty free so if anyone can direct me to some purse friendly cruelty free options, that would be most kind!!!




These are the best of the bunch!




Sukin Oil Balancing moisturiser, RRP £9.99 from PLANET ORGANIC.

The Sukin Oil Balancing moisturiser was purchased from a retailer called PLANET ORGANIC. It's a bit expensive for my taste if I am honest but when your skin is as complicated as mine, cheap formulas are just not always going to work. This moisturiser in particular is a vegan, natural formula that claims to mattify oily prone skin. Now, I've mentioned my oily skin woes a ton of times and my struggle to find a cream that accommodates - this actually does! It's not a 10/10 miracle product but it definitely stops my skin looking as shiny as it normally does during the day and most creams I have tried fail to live to their mattifying promises. Best of all, it contains organic ingredients so I am not worrying about what I am putting on my skin, in addition to it's anti animal testing policy.


ECODENTA Charcoal toothpaste, RRP £4.49 from Holland and Barrett

I purchased this black charcoal toothpaste from Holland and Barrett and it was on offer, reduced (now listed cheaper online ) to £6.99; admittedly a bit more than I'd normally spend on toothpaste but I've always wanted to try a charcoal formula as I've read so many praises on it for dental use. Charcoal is renowned for it's cleansing properties, in addition to whitening. I cannot speak for the whitening results but I can confirm it's suitable for sensitive teeth such as mine.



Have you used any of these products yourself? Let me know in the comment box below!

Thanks for reading!




Connect with me:



Follow my Instagram at: shez_palmer


Snapchat: xmako_eyesx



No comments:

Post a Comment