Monday 2 January 2017

Beauty Bay: Jeffree Star Liquid Lipstick in Chrysanthemum & Lip Ammunition in Unicorn Blood!

#BBDARETOSHARE




I used to purchase Jeffree Star Cosmetics in store at Cocktail Cosmetics. For reasons unknown to me, they stopped selling Jeffree's products. Not all hope was lost though! Makeup retailer BeautyBay are now the official UK stockist for Jeffree Star Cosmetics. I was delighted to discover that each individual lipstick purchase qualifies for free UK shipping (both lipsticks retail for £16 each) and decided to try out the Lip Ammunition version of Unicorn Blood. A few weeks after, the Christmas Holiday Collection was finally imported to BeautyBay, meaning I had to get something! I was intrigued by the Chrysanthemum liquid lipstick since I saw it swatched on Jeffree's preview of the Christmas range in his YouTube video. I was hoping to purchase the ice cold toned pink highlighter, Princess Cut as an addition - sadly, due to its overwhelming popularity, it's a fast sell out, meaning Beauty Bay are currently unable to get hold of it.

I purchased both these products on separate occasions (as stated above) but they've both come beautifully and safely packed every time. Not to mention the prompt delivery! Since it's nearly (I'd written this post pre Christmas, 2016) Christmas time, I thought I'd show off the Holiday Collection special first!

First Impressions:

This is Chrysanthemum - a limited edition colour for the Christmas collection.




As you can see, the applicator is a red colour, rather than it's usual pink - very fitting for the festive season! This is the first liquid lipstick I've purchased since Spring time and it seems the packaging has been upgraded; the lid feels more sturdy and the packaging feels extra heavy and luxurious. Jeffree did mention an issue raised regarding the lids and the alterations made in the Holiday Collection preview video but nothing about the overall quality of the packaging, so maybe it's just me! 


It's a lot more wearable than it looks! As you can see on my swatch, it's a delicate, peachy toned nudes with gold specs, adding warmth and lustre. I am not sure if this shade will be popular enough to be re-released into the usual Jeffree collection but I am glad I got hold of it!


Pictured below is the Lip Ammunition lipstick in Unicorn Blood! These bullet shaped lip products have been in the works for quite some time. These are creamy pigmented lipsticks with a lustre finish - expect more shine than the matte liquids. I prefer the Ammunition texture to the liquid lipsticks because it's a lot less drying and the scent is much more favourable - according to Jeffree, they are flavoured as 'Ice Cream.'




I previously owned the liquid lip edition of Unicorn Blood which is a super popular dark rusty brown toned red - very 'dark fantasy' blood like. Of course, no two separate formulas will result in the same colour but regarding Unicorn Blood, it's pretty similar, it's just I can see more "red" come through post application of the ammunition. 


Below is a swatch of Chrysanthemum and Unicorn Blood below it! As you can see, the Ammunition evidences a glowy finish - it looks a little uneven and grainy here but it applies on my lips wonderfully. 





Beauty Bay Service: I cannot fault the service - there was no need for me to contact the head office as my items arrived in just two working days, as stated when I selected the free standard shipping! Each item was packaged delicately with tender care, ensuring the item is safe from damage during delivery. You can also 'Dare to share' your purchases for a chance to be featured on the live Instagram feed and maybe win something!

BB Facebook

BB Insta: BeautyBayCom

Have you purchased any Jeffree Star products lately? What did you think? Comment below!

Thanks for reading!

Shez :D


Social Networks:

Facebook

Instagram: throughthosemakoeyes

BeautyBay/Jeffree Image Sources

No comments:

Post a Comment