Sunday 11 December 2016

Kylie Cosmetics Lip Products Review

At long, this year I managed to obtain THREE genuine Kylie Cosmetics products!


Previously, I wrote about the difference between a genuine and counterfeit liquid lipstick from the Kylie range. Now I am going to share my views on the real deal. I have 2 liquid lipsticks in Koko K and Candy K with the gloss edition of the latter.



I purchased all 3 products second hand on the app shop Depop. There's no need to be afraid of trying used products - check seller reviews and do your research on product authenticity and you will be fine. There's no way I was going to pay the tax, shipping and import charges as it would amount to at least £60 per product - not worth it! Sadly Kylie Cosmetics are not available here in the UK although a friend informed me she is planning on opening stores overseas! Do be mindful of merchants claiming to sell genuine products - there are no official UK stockists for Kylie's products yet!


Candy K Matte Liquid Lipstick (RRP $17 USD for all 'matte' singles.)


Perhaps one of Kylie's best selling formulas as it is constantly raved about in the blogger community. It's a warm mauve pink toned nude and a pretty universal shade - anyone skin tone would suit this natural colour. It's suitable for day and night, it looks great with smokey or natural eye makeup. This is my go-to natural lipstick.


Koko K Matte Liquid Lipstick


Named after Kylie's sister Khloe, this is a cool toned pale pink lipstick. There's not too much "blue" in the shade which is why I find it so wearable but I prefer to pair this with a smokey or more "done up" eye as they compliment each other much better in comparison to a bold pink with natural eye makeup.




Just to show the appearance of the applicator for the matte lipsticks. I love how the wand glides the product on your lips - it feels smooth and allows precision, following the natural lipline efficiently. 


Candy K Gloss Formula (RRP $15 USD for each gloss)


Not quite the same colour as it's matte sister but close enough to be given the same name. The formula's obviously differ, this is an extremely pigmented lip gloss that you can wear alone. The product caused outrage during its first release- many customers, including Jeffree Star received low quality wand applicators.



Thankfully, the wand issue was rectified and I was lucky I'd purchased one of those "revamped" designs. Another go-to day to day lip colour for me, I have found my love for glosses again thanks to brands upping their pigment game. We will probably have to thank Kylie for this!






Swatches! From top to bottom: Koko K, Candy K, Candy K Gloss! Notice the gloss is a little more richer/warmer in tone than the matte formula. Still, look at that pigment!


I am so pleased with the products and I'd 100% purchase another lipstick from the line. The pigment is unreal, the finish essentially gives me life and the longevity is exceptional, even when you've sipped a drink or eaten! You'd likely require one top up per day, depending. There is a lip liner available in the lip kit purchases but I'm not much of a lip lining person, hence my decision not to purchase any for the time being.

:)

By the way, I hope you like the quality of these pictures! That's right, I bought a DSLR, FINALLY. It's second hand but good as new. I highly recommend a DSLR for bloggers alike.

Be sure to connect with me via my social media:


Facebook
Insta: throughthosemakoeyes
Twitter
BlogLovin



No comments:

Post a Comment