Wednesday 16 November 2016

Tarte Lip Paint in Frenemy & Glossiest Lip Paint in Hella Review!

It's been a few months since I posted a product review following my (unintentional) primary focus on the Ego's Series.



Tarte are a high quality, vegan friendly brand. Sadly, they are not exclusive to the UK, so snapping up their products here can be pricey. If you're stateside, you can find stock in Sephora! Here I bring you a review of 2 of their products I managed to get my hands on!

"Glossiest Lip Paint" in "Hella" and the matte "Lip Paint" in "Frenemy."




First of all, just wanted to say: How gorgeous is the packaging? Both products differ in formula but the style is very similar - a traditional tube with a wand applicator. 





Lets start with the gloss. I was a huge "lip gloss" person in my younger years till I favoured matte. However, gloss products have become much more pigmented thanks to leading entrepreneurs such as Kylie Jenner and of course other well known brands (Jeffree Star, Kat Von D, Mac etc) that offer heavy duty pigment. I think glosses are slowly becoming loved again by many and you can always use them on top of a matte lip for added volume and shine.

The Tarte one I purchased is Hella, which in their words is a "white nude" shade. How did I get to purchase this? After some research, I asked my kind friend who happened to be going to New York for the week if she could pop into Sephora and pick one up. It cost £16.75 in pounds to be exact which I transferred via Paypal. Least this way, I didn't get shipping and customs fees! I was indeed ecstatic to receive it. It's a pretty light pinky nude that's perfect for everyday wear, although some skintones may find this a little overpowering or feel "washed" out due to it's white tones. Alternatively you could apply this over another product or simply mix colours together! The longevity of the "gloss" shine is underwhelming but I like the fact it dries less matte after 10 minutes, for me, it's all about that colour and pigmentation!




The next is the creamy matte formula of the "Tartiest" range in "Frenemy." This is a deep burgundy shade that dries with a slight purple undertone. I purchased this off depop for a bargain price but it retails for £14 on the Tarte site, excluding shipping. An extremely pigmented non-drying product that dries completely shine free, making it the ideal "night out" colour, although wear it whenever the heck you want! This sultry tone could work with any skin tone and I think it looks fabulous against light hair, contrast and all! The longevity is brilliant, only slightly fading when eating and drinking.



Here are the swatches of the 2 products on my arm, close to my wrist. You'd think they were both similar in formula, I mean c'mon, that pigment! Gorgeous! Such a shame these are more of a chore to obtain here!




These are worth a try if you have the finances to handle the shipping fees or you can easily access their stockists! By the way, going back on how I mentioned me buying the matte lip paint off depop; I am quite cosmetic savvy and good at spotting counterfeits and dishonest merchants so do take care if you're planning on buying second hand!

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and comment if you've tried these before! :)

Shez x

________________________________________________________


IMDB

Instagram: shez_palmer
___________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment