Saturday 6 August 2016

Sailor Moon Miracle Romance Review: Moonstick Lipstick & Shining Moon Powder

Hi all. The following products were mentioned in my MCM experience post but I wanted to review these products in further detail. 



Sailor Moon. A much loved anime series that has aged well. Not only has the Sailor Moon franchise earned big bucks for the series, the merchandise become extremely popular and are now considered valuable collectables.

My first experience of Sailor Moon was back in the very early 2000's. I was at a friends house and like many kids do, we were figuring out a good story for us to play out, when my friend mentioned "Sailor" scouts. Now from everything she told me at that time, I developed my own interpretation - I assumed that it was based on powerful sailor's on ships that happened to be an all female team. Later on that day I saw a Sailor Moon episode for the first time at my friends via the "Fox Kids" channel (we didn't have that at home so I really enjoyed visiting a friends house as it was my chance to watch Pokemon) in the UK.  

sailor moon sailor mars

It was not what I expected - character's with similar appearances to the Pokemon characters, large emphasised eyes and robotic, exaggerated facial expressions - yes, at the time I wasn't aware of the "anime" world. 

Pirates and sailors this was not. Instead, a team of teenage schoolgirls individually gifted by the power of the planets to destroy the evil forces that threaten the galaxy. Usagi (eng, Serena) possesses what is to be considered the most powerful of all the girls abilities, the power of the moon. The rest of the girls hold the powers of Mars, Venus, Mercury and Jupiter. However there are more magical entities to be discovered in the series. 

sailor moon nails

What first struck me about the series is the weapons used for combat. 

sailor moon hearts anime

sailor moon anime 90s

Usagi starts with a Crystal Star locket that unleashes "Moon Prism Power" and gradually uses an adorable collection of wands. 

sailor moon

The sailor scouts use some awesome looking sticks - the real life replicas are a must have for fans. I currently own Usagi's (mini) moon stick, a mini and large cutie moon rod.

I purchased two Miracle Romance cosmetics during my awesome visit to MCM COMICON London which I previously wrote about!They were available at the "Dreamy Bows" stall with many other gorgeous Kawaii style items.



Miracle Romance cosmetics were released under "Crede Beauty" to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Sailor Moon series. They are limited edition but are being resold in various stalls due to popularity. All sorts of cosmetics were released including eyeliners and perfumes. I purchased a lipbalm and a powder from the Dreamybows store!

Moonstick Lipbalm








The lipbalm is fashioned in the shape of Usagi's Moon Stick weapon. 


The balm formula is your standard clear waxy texture with a subtle, barely there finish. To be honest, it's nothing to write home about but I will definitely be keeping this gorgeous little moon stick for decor when the balm runs out. It cost £20 and came in a gorgeous box which opens at the front to reveal the lip-balm in display. Also, check out the cute message!

Shining Moon Powder

This compact powder was designed to mimick the appearance of Usagi's Crystal Star locket seen early on in the series. 


The product itself is a genuine replica and worth the investment if you're a dedicated fan! I say investment because it cost £40 from the Dreamybow store. There is another locket powder available in the range but I am not sure if the cosmetic formula differs much from the one I purchased. 



It comes in a beautifully designed box, wrapped carefully. 





Upon opening the compact, you can't help but memorise the classic line "Moon Prism Power!" It comes with a puff applicator and a decorated seal to protect the product.




Looking at this image, you'd assume this is a highlighter. I'd say it IS but very subtle. The shimmery particles means this is no good as a setting powder for most, especially if you have oily skin! I attempted to take a swatch image of this product but it's so opaque, about 25% pigmentation visible on skin - not a great cosmetic product, more for show. 

Conclusion:

If you're a fan of Sailor Moon and have some cash to splash, or need a Birthday present idea, I recommend you check out this neat collection! The product range expands from perfumes to eyeliners so there has to be something you'd like! Products are available on YesStyle or you can order through Dreamybows!

Thanks for reading! :D 


anime kawaii adorable sailor moon artemis

Connect with me via social media:



Facebook

Instagram- shez_palmer

SC: xmako_eyesx

sailor moon peace usagi tsukino peace sign serena tsukino

Gif Sources:


http://giphy.com/gifs/sailor-moon-peace-usagi-tsukino-LLjvtJwvzaTni

http://giphy.com/gifs/sailor-moon-usagi-tsukino-edit-mPoZ7k702C4WQ


http://24.media.tumblr.com/371ace5ad57d0846689871141ba2191c/tumblr_myx0waoKQb1qgm8obo1_500.gif


http://33.media.tumblr.com/49a8c66dddc482260b3fe7a3a2548e6c/tumblr_mxxfuaFokD1t2l4jao2_500.gif


http://giphy.com/gifs/cute-kawaii-Ylbg0uVCeWi8U

http://giphy.com/gifs/YlEMMJMwAeaPK


http://giphy.com/gifs/90s-sailor-moon-kid-gKAXya8E77Uoo

http://giphy.com/gifs/transparent-BKc9nL7t8Nk8E


http://giphy.com/gifs/sailor-moon-mars-KBupNpYJuUDXq


No comments:

Post a Comment