Monday 4 July 2016

NYX Contour & Highlight Double Ended Cream Stick in Ivory/Taupe

Here's a review of one of my favourite cosmetic products!



When NYX finally made their long awaited appearance IN store at one of my local Boots, I was instantly attracted to this multipurpose face sculpting product. This is the "NYX Sculpt + Highlight Face Duo" and costs £9.00. There is a similar "duo" stick being sold by the same brand but I can't voice my opinions on it, since I've never used it before.



I chose this particular colour because not only does it appear to be the lightest, it seemed to be the coolest toned contour shade out of the whole range. 


This liquid product dries fairly matte and the contour colour is pigmented without being overpowering - this is perfect for your day to day look. The highlighter side works better as an under eye concealer because for me, it wasn't very pigmented and would be better used as a "contour correction" cream to conceal messier edges. It is no problem to me because I'm not a highlighter person, I prefer a subtle sculpt. 

For the price, you cannot go wrong. I had previously used Maybelline's 24 Hour Eyeshadow in a taupe shade to contour but upon learning they subject animals to cruelty, I decided to boycott the brand. I was worried I wouldn't find a decent cool toned brown that could perform the same job. However, this has become a favourite! It looks very natural but still makes a difference. I contour my lower jawline and (sometimes) my cheekbones and honestly, no one knew I'd used any contouring products. The taupe shade is your best bet if you are on the fairer side or prefer a very natural finish. However, if you're looking for a true multipurpose contour and highlight, you probably won't be impressed since the highlighter has no glow to it. There are other colours in the range for darker skinned guys and girls and depending on your preferences, this product could be quite versatile. 


Here are some images of me wearing the product - you can't really see it vividly but in the second image, I feel my cheeks look more defined! Provided you prep and prime your skin well, you shouldn't see any product fade. I have oily skin and I much prefer to use this over a powder contour product - so don't let a cream formula put you off! Another tip is that I apply my contour before setting my whole base with powder. :) 




Hit or miss? My personal scores:

Formula: 7.5/10

Cost: 8/10

Longevity: 10/10

NYX are an awesome, cruelty free and purse friendly brand. Although they've only been able to be purchased online (or click and collect) at Boots in the UK, they are now being stocked in various Boots stores, although not all at the same time! You can check the NYX section of the Boots site to check if your local store stocks NYX products!

Have you tried this cosmetic product? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for reading and be sure to connect with me through my online networks!

Shez! :D





Instagram: shez_palmer

Snapchat: xmako_eyesx


No comments:

Post a Comment