Sunday 3 July 2016

Totally Lippy: Lip Plump Cream

I'd seen this product for sale on eBay and saved it into my watch list but it took me nearly half way through the year to purchase it!


It's from a brand called "Totally" that only seem to distribute their products through eBay. First and foremost, you shouldn't be put off by an eBay brand. There is some bad knock offs and counterfeits being sold, however there are some lower priced eBay brands such as "Totally" that sell pretty decent cosmetics. 

The Totally Lippy plump cream is a nude coloured formula in the shape of a lipgloss. It was produced for those who like to "overline" their lips and achieve an overall plumper looking appearance to their lips. In short, this is a lip primer. Here's an extract from the item description:


I asked the company if they tested on animals - they said they do not support animal testing, nor would they knowingly supply cosmetics that have been tested on animals and subjected to cruelty. They were not certain - if I discover they are indeed tested on animals, I will not purchase this product again.



Totally Lippy plump cream retails at £13.99 but I purchased it for £9.99 on offer. It arrived 2 days after a same day dispatch - overall I cannot fault the customer service and delivery experience. This did not come boxed, instead carefully placed in bubble-wrap. You'd think this was a concealer - even the scent is remarkably similar to one. I quite like the packaging, it's a little different to what I am used to seeing. Nevertheless, it COULD be better but on to the actual product!


This reminds me of the "concealer" lips days. Fear not, I did it too - this was before a larger variety of nude coloured lipsticks were released. 


See? Just like a liquid concealer!

The texture is neither drying or moisturizing in my view. I applied this slightly over my natural lip liner (all over) to prep my liner. 



(Excuse my make-up free skin, I couldn't be bothered to do a whole face just to prime my lips for the pictures)



I set it with a little powder for optimum longevity. I didn't notice a tingling sensation and it dries to a neutral flesh (think Mac's lip neutralizer) tone - no more white concealer lips! 

Overall, this is a pretty handy product - I found it does indeed increase lipliner/gloss/stick wear. Of course fade will occur when you eat/drink/kiss but for the low price, it does a good enough job. I'd repurchase again!

My score: 7.5/10


Thanks very much for reading and be sure to connect with me online!

Facebook

Twitter

BlogLovin

Instagram: shez_palmer

Snapchat: xmako_eyesx


No comments:

Post a Comment