Friday 24 June 2016

The outcome of the EU Referendum - the REAL issue with certain individuals of today!

The EU referendum is a HUGE event that has recently took place here in the United Kingdom. Early this morning I woke up to the news that the majority of British citizen had voted to opt OUT of the European Union.


Leave won by 52% to 48%, BBC News By Brian Wheeler & Alex Hunt  (Image Source: Thinkstock)

Personally, I cannot claim to know the ins and outs of economics, politics and the government. The truth is, who really know the full facts and statistics concerning the welfare of the whole world for that matter? Truth is, we form our own views and opinions based on our life experiences and what we have seen or heard from physiological influences and the media. The issue with voting in general is, we ARE allowed a point of view and biased opinions will be heavily vocalized throughout the process. Isn't this what makes the world so great? Freedom of speech, correct?

No matter what path you follow, you can never truly get it right. There are far too many people in the world for one single person to single handily predict EXACTLY what events will be in store for us. 

It is BECAUSE of everything I just mentioned above, that humanity will always be divided. Now this is my personal view point. No two people are the same. There will be disagreements, there will be agreements - many decisions based on biased opinions and peer influence and there's nothing we can do to stop that from happening. 

Regarding the EU vote, we all have our own reasons for choosing whether to leave or remain. I personally saw good and bad points in both sides of the argument but again, that's LIFE. Nothing is perfect - you can have one thing and not the other, the same as we cannot excel at every single academic or creative subject. 

I feel it is always beneficial to carry out secondary research. Resources are always fickle because you have to be able to distinguish between qualitative and quantitative information. For example, have a look at market research reports that were PREVIOUSLY conducted and refrain from political propaganda that doesn't tell us the information we truly desire in order to make a definite decision. Let me stress this once again, this is just MY view point and I am NOT claiming this to be right or wrong.

Waking up to the news that the UK is to exit the EU did not leave me jumping for joy, NOR did it get me worried. However, what did concern me (was also noticeable pre-voting day) was the sad state of humanity, crumbling in fear, hatred and tyrannize one another for having a view point. Social Media has enabled the freedom of speech to be raised to a higher level than ever before. After all, no one is FORCING you to be on social media. I just cannot stand it when someone makes assumptions and simply refuses to put themselves in another persons shoes.

If you take a step back and open your mind, you can see the real issue (I think) we have here. I also question how subjecting one another to such hostility and ill treatment could possibly improve whatever situation we are faced with. I know that this cannot be stopped, however, I am allowed to disagree with bullying. I respect the choices made by others if they have not discriminated anyone or behaved in a derogatory manner towards others.

What truly pains me about the EU referendum and the results is the outcome which has resulted in bullying - perpetual and frankly a diabolical outcome of this historic time for the United Kingdom. No matter your personal stance concerning whether we should of remained or left, I don't think it's wise to vocalise degrading comments to one another. Views/opinions are indeed (understandably this event will cause an uproar one way or another) acceptable, bullying isn't. I do wish that those in favour of their "assumptions" and so called "facts" would open their eyes and see what in my view is one of the largest issues here. 

Stand against bullying. The world DOESN'T need it.


Thanks very much for reading! :)

Shez


Networks:


Instagram: throughthosemakoeyes




No comments:

Post a Comment