Friday 29 April 2016

Laura Paige Creme Powder Refill in "Sand Beige" Review

I was in need of a new face powder to set my make-up for work days as I have another powder compact I use for weekends.




(Image courtsey of: http://www.laura-paige.co.uk/)

I was browsing online for pressed powders with decent coverage. I remember seeing Laura Paige cosmetics in my local pharmacy and being quite drawn to their ridiculously cheap prices, so I made use of the Google search engine, found the Laura Paige site and picked up a pressed powder for £2.49, excluding shipping which came to over a few quid as I chose express delivery.





Cruelty free make-up gets my vote!


 It would be easy for one to assume low prices equal to poor quality; however this is not the case with this product anyway.

In terms of the packaging, yeah it's not brilliant and the pan of product is not securely stuck to the compact. However, the product ITSELF has exceeded my expectations.





(Pigmentation is impressive as pictured)

I ordered the colour sand beige and it was a perfect match. I no longer wear liquid foundation (excluding weekends/special events) so I need a powder that makes a statement and sets my concealer covering my scars - this powder sets my base make-up wonderfully.

 It's also important that my powder does not emphasise and create fine lines around my eyes. It's tough because a lot of beauty gurus will tell you not to set your under eye area with powder, however, it's easier said than done when you've got super oily skin like me - this powder does NOT settle into lines.


Longevity? I've got that covered as it lasted a whole day in the office and still looked semi matte by the evening - this is literally a GODSEND.

The Laura Paige creme pressed powder leaves you with a professional looking velvet, matte finish. The pigmented product is non-drying and lasts all day - I feel it would be suitable for most skin types as it accommodates and adapts once applied. I apply this with a circular shaped puff but for a lighter finish you can use a make-up brush to set your base.

I am so pleased with this bargain and I will definitely be checking out their other products. I'd definitely recommend you try them out because when an item retails for just £2.49, what have you got to lose?

Sadly, it seems Laura Paige Cosmetics do not have social media profiles which is a shame as I believe they're worth more than a standard "pharmacy" product.

You can purchase Laura Paige products here.

Thanks for reading!

Shez Palmer x



Connect:

Facebook


Instagram: shez_palmer

BlogLovin

Twitter

Snapchat: xmako_eyesx



No comments:

Post a Comment