Tuesday 21 April 2015

MAC Lipstick Collection - NEW UPDATE 04/08/2015

Mac lipsticks - it's an obsession, that's for sure. They come in so many shades suitable for all skin tones and they last a LONG time! I own 5 of these precious gems so with that, I thought I'd do a post about what MAC lipsticks I currently have in my collection and what I think about each lipstick texture and colour.

                   


The classic lipsticks retail at £15.50 each which is the downside of MAC products in general, they don't come cheap and whilst in most cases you get what you pay for, MAC lipsticks have now been duped by a LOT of other cheaper brands so you can save a few pennies if you're on a tight budget! However, it's just simply nice to own a MAC lipstick and they look great as bedroom decor too. 


RUBY WOO

I bought my first MAC lipstick in 2014 - the gorgeous Ruby Woo, a matte red with a slight pink tone suitable for all shades of skin. I still have it today and there's a LOT left so that proves the price tag was worth it.


Since Ruby Woo is a matte lipstick, it WILL be drying on your lips, so it's essential you exfoliate and moisturise your lips before use. The reason why I love it so much is because I'm a fan of a matte lip finish and the pinky red tone compliments my skin tone as well as matching the colour of my hair.

Would I repurchase? Very likely although Revlon and Maybelline do some fantastic red shades so I may end up saving or being cheeky and buy both!


LADY DANGER

Lady danger is bright red lustre formula shade. The lustre lipsticks are a glossy lipstick, so expect a shiny finish. Remember, it's still important to moisturise your lips even if a lipstick promises to have a soothing effect as it helps it last longer throughout the day/night. In terms of colour, I prefer the tones of Ruby Woo as I feel Lady Danger has a slight orange tinge to it that I don't think suits me as much as reds with subtle pink tones. 

Would I repurchase? I don't think I would but I think this is still a very good lipstick and the lustre formula prevents my lips from drying out.


VIVA GLAM RIHANNA

Viva Glam Rihanna is a similar red to Lady Danger. It's a shimmery blue toned red lipstick that results in a "frost" finish. The Viva Glam range is to support those affected with aids and the sales of these lipsticks go straight to charity so it's worth picking one up from MAC (there's also a MAC's own Viva Glam range) as they are gorgeous and it's all for a good cause. As there's not many pink tones, I don't consider this my holy grail lipstick by all means but I do adore the red packaging, complete with Rihanna's signature. If you're a dark skinned beauty like Rihanna, you should definitely pick this up and give it a try and even if it's not for you, the donations to charity means this will forever be a guilt free purchase. 

Would I repurchase? I would indeed but I'd like to try the other Viva Glam colours next time. 

HUE


Hue is a light pink nude coloured lipstick with a glaze finish. The glaze finish appears and feels slightly shimmery in texture but it's not as glossy looking as the lustre lipsticks appear on lips. This is a gorgeous nude that's perfect for pale skinned beauties who would like a natural look for the day. Since my lips are fairly red in tone, this doesn't look TOO light on my lips but it's still a great wearable colour for work as it lasts a good few hours or so.

Would I repurchase? I wouldn't repurchase THIS shade of nude again as I prefer the finish of "Hug Me" which I'll be showing you next.....

HUG ME


Hug Me is a pink brown nude colour that's my favourite of my collection along with Ruby Woo! It's ultra flattering and I'd say that the lustre finish makes this a glossier version of the popular Teddy Velvet shade. It's perfect for work or when I feel like having a natural lipstick day - as with most nude lipsticks, it does require you to prep your lips but it lasts a good while depending on the humidity in your location. 

SWATCHES

From left to right: Ruby Woo, Lady Danger, Hue, Hug Me, Viva Glam Rihanna


Without Flash



With Flash

From looking at these swatches, you can see why MAC lipsticks are favoured by those in the beauty industry or lipstick lovers alone! Mac lipsticks are super pigmented no matter the finish and look amazing when paired up with lip-liner! I always use Collection's "Natural" lipliner for nudes that costs just £1.99 for nudes and I team up my red lipsticks with Barry M in Wine for £2.99! 



Thanks for reading! If you'd like me to do an in depth review on one of my MAC lipsticks, comment below! Or tell me your experiences with MAC lipstick! Do you like the range or do you prefer another brand?

x Shez x


CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM & BLOGLOVIN


No comments:

Post a Comment