Tuesday 7 April 2015

Soap & Glory - Sexy Mother Pucker, Lip Stick Satin in Naked Beige.

I'm excited to share this review today because this product has become my favourite natural lipstick! The love affair started when I was browsing for a MAC "Velvet Teddy" dupe, made famous by Kylie Jenner. Velvet Teddy is a hard product to get hold of due to how fast it's sold out recently - sadly eBay can't save my bank account given auction prices start higher than the average Mac lipstick price, £15.50, which is already too expensive in my opinion. 


Whilst reading some beauty blogs online , I noticed a few make-up fanatics suggested Rimmel, Revlon and Soap and Glory as the best brands for high end lipstick dupes. Since Soap and Glory is already one of my favourite brands, I trawled their website and discovered their "satin" range and their nude which is of course, Naked Beige. From swatch images I found online, it seemed like a pretty decent replica of Velvet Teddy as well as just being a great darker nude shade that's suitable for daytime wear or work. 

I purchased my lipstick from Boots and it retails at £9.00 which is a little steep for drugstore make-up but I feel Soap and Glory has the quality of high end brands so I'm willing to pay a little extra.



It comes in a cute retro box - I love how Soap and Glory use puns for each product and it's very similar to Benefit's packaging, only better in my opinion. 




The lipstick feels quite heavy to hold and I love the packaging as it feels expensive, much like Mac lipsticks. I would prefer a silver to a gold handle but lets face it, it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.



Swatch shows that it is indeed a fabulous dark nude with brown tones and very subtle pink that compliments my fair skin and I believe it's a shade that would work for a lot of fair to medium skin tones. I always exfoliate my lips and apply balm to prep my pout and this lipstick feels super soft - definitely a "satin" finish. There is a very slight glimmer to the product yet it's quite matte so it's the perfect lipstick for me as I find some matte products to be very drying. 




I should also add I used Collection's lip liner in natural to contour my lips. I used Lip Voltage plumper on my top lip after applying my lipstick. :)




Overall Ratings:

Colour: 10/10 
It's pigmented and the perfect natural nude for me.

Longevity: 7.5/10 
It lasts for a few hours depending on what I have used on my lips prior to application, Since it's a satin finish, it's more likely to slowly fade than a matte lipstick would judging from experience.

Price: 7.5/10  
9 quid isn't too bad for a good quality lipstick with gorgeous packaging.

Would I re-purchase? 
Certainly, although I'd like to think my review shows I would buy this wonderful lipstick again!

I'm interested in trying Soap and Glory's "Super nude" shade available in their "matte powder coat" range. I'm so pleased I bought this and it just shows you don't have to pay over a tenner for a great quality product.

Have you tried this lipstick? Do you think it's a decent dupe for Teddy Velvet or other high end nude lipsticks?

Let me know in the comments below!

Meanwhile, don't forget to check out my social media!




Thanks for reading!

Shez :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment