Tuesday 10 February 2015

Loreal Hair Expertise Sulphate Free Pure Colour Shampoo & Conditioning Mask - Quick Review

Loreal are never behind on hair care and I recently purchased a couple of their bits so I thought I'd better reviewing them!



I started taking care of my hair more seriously when I first went bleached white blonde in 2011. Since then, I've done my homework and learnt a lot about what's good for your hair and what isn't. After years spent experimenting with various oils and avoiding heat, I was starting to get concerned about how much shampoo dries out my hair. I only wash my hair once a week yet it seemed no matter how much conditioner I used, my hair would feel healthy but a little coarse once dried. I had done research on how the sulphate ingredient in hair products can be rather harsh on the hair - so unless you have no permanent dye on your hair and you don't use heat of any kind, sulphate probably won't do much good for you. In short, suphate cleans your hair but strips the oils away from the roots of your hair which encourages hair growth. So if your hair's greasy, you should probably stop worrying about it and feel sorry for those that have to live with annoyingly dry hair haha. Still, I don't recommend that  ANYONE washes their on a daily basis. 

I absolutely love OGX products, especially their conditioner and oil treatments, so during a visit to Superdrug I was inclined to purchase one of their shampoos. However, I discovered that "sodium sulphate" is present in their shampoos which stopped me buying it as I wanted to give my hair as much as a break from harsh ingredients as possible. Overly mindful? Probably. My attention soon turned to the Loreal Expertise products....in shiny packaging, haha. I picked up the sulphate free pure colour shampoo and conditioning mask and they were both reduced to £3.99.  The reason I got these from the range in particular is because I have dyed red hair that I'd prefer not to fade anytime soon. However, any sulphate free shampoo is non clarifying so if you have coloured locks, or damaged hair of any kind then you might want to make a switch to these gems!



The shampoo is a standard white colour. After one wash so far, I can safely say I will not be using another shampoo anytime soon! My hair didn't feel as coarse as it's done in the past and it doesn't pose a danger to my bank balance so I'll give it a 9/10


The conditioning mask is excellent because now I can drown my hair in this stuff and not worry about colour fading. It has a bog standard generic conditioner scent - nice enough but smelt it somewhere before. However it does the job and protects my colour so I'll rate it a 9/10. Would I purchase this again? Of course. 

You can purchase the shampoo for £4.79 here and the conditioning mask for £.4.89 here.

Thanks For Reading! :D

Shez x


FOLLOW MY SOCIAL NETWORKS:






No comments:

Post a Comment