Sunday 1 February 2015

REVIEW - Dreamstyle Remy Hair Extensions

It's time for another review and this time it's all about my new weave.


So the new year arrived and like many people, I felt like I needed a change. Whilst I made consciously made some changes that started in November 2014, I felt there was room for something more - additional lengths!

I have worn hair extensions on and off for several years. I wore my beloved Foxylocks 160G extensions for 2 years till I decided to cut them near to my hair length and wore just one or two pieces for a "pick me up" now and then. Now the downside of Foxylocks is the price. For 125G it's not as costly but my hair is far too thick and even with 160G, I struggled to conceal my natural hair completely whilst wearing them. 

Stuck in this rut, I dazed at other brands such as Dirty Looks and Zala which were also completely out of my price range. Now, I'm not someone to buy human hair extensions off eBay due to fears the descriptions are misleading and I'll end up paying loads for thin hair that is just all round poor quality. 

Enough was enough, instead of moping about extensions costing over £60, I decided to do an advanced search on eBay in a quest to find cheap but high quality remy clip ins. I was lucky and managed to stumble across the shop "Dreamstyle" which promises the following: (Source, http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dreamstylehair?_trksid=p2047675.l2559)

"DreamStyle deliver clip-in Remy human hair of the finest quality and offer a multitude of different lengths and variations to suit any desired style. Our luxury 100 % human hair extensions are designed to cover an entire head, leaving all of our customers with a healthy and radiant glow. This product is DOUBLE WEFTED, it will give you even more volume for an amazing natural look."

The store stocks all kinds of hair wefts including clip in ponytails and smaller/lighter clip ins. I found their "extra thick" double wefted range and was intriged by the fact 20inches was a whopping 180G for just £58.99 - of course, I selected the colour honey blonde and purchased right away with high hopes. My high hopes didn't let me down! The extensions arrived the NEXT day and I was really happy to discover they were the ideal extensions for me! Lets have a look shall we?






As you can see, the packaging details what kind of extensions I have and the weight descriptions on the back of the package. I was hoping the extensions were actually going to be worthy of being labelled "180G".....


By this point, I was feeling apprehensive about running my hands through the hair incase it was thin and a complete waste of money!

(Above - With Flash)

(Above - No Flash)

You can already see the sellers are not messing about with the length description, at least that was completely accurate! 


What I see (pictured above with flash) is healthy, shiny looking locks just DYING to be coloured red and clipped into my hair! They also felt SO thick when I held them together. 

Now, lets have a more detailed look at the wefts. 




It doesn't take a genius to work out 2 pieces of hair have been sewed together with clips added onto them - double wefted hair will ALWAYS be thicker than a single weft, so be mindful about what type of hair extensions you buy if your hair is even moderately thick! Saying that, thinner haired girls will probably prefer to have thick luscious locks and spend that little extra for a bit of a boost!



Pictured with (top) and without (bottom) flash, you can see the sellers description was accurate and my worries of being falsely mislead came to an end. The colour looks more canary yellow toned and brassy with flash however they look a lot more like the bottom picture in person. The colour didn't matter a great deal to me because I knew I'd be dying them red! If you're wondering why I went with honey blonde as opposed to ash/white blonde then it's because with red hair, you don't need "light enough for most bright colours" base because red sits well on warmer colours and can show up well, even on darker hair! The other reason being, my hair was lightened a little darker than this honey blonde colour prior to whacking red semi permanent dye over it!

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my purchase. In the future (when my funds are a more acceptable figure) I would love to purchase 200G of wefts or higher but for the meantime, these will do just fine and my boyfriend happened to notice they looked pretty decent which can only be a good thing right? I've used them for nearly a month so far and since I don't wear them too often, or frazzle them with heat, I find the quality has been great so far! I will be sure to update this post if I notice any changes such as the wefts falling apart or clips becoming loose!

RATINGS:

Price: 7.5/10

Colour: 8/10

Thickness: 8/10

Quality: 8/10


                                             


You can buy these extensions here! 19 inches will be £52.99 and £58.00 for 20 inch extensions. 


Thanks for reading! :D

Shez x

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have these shipped to the U.S. ? About how long did it take them to get there if so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I am UK based and I received next day delivery. I would personally message the seller for any enquiries regarding shipping times

      http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dreamstylehair?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
    2. if i remember correctly, mine took about a week to get it here (the US)

      Delete