Saturday 14 October 2017

Blogger Triviaaaa: 26 Fun Facts!


Today I turn 26 and my lovely readers voted for a fun facts post through my Instagram story!



Being born in 1991, I'm the definition of a 90's baby. 90's pop culture gives me a major nostalgic feeling within and I am sure many people born in the late 80's and early 90's will agree!



1. I was born in the heart of Birmingham, in one of the largest hospitals in the UK; Queen Elizabeth hospital in Edgbaston, West Midlands, United Kingdom!

2. Whilst my Mother was pregnant with me, I was floating on all fours like an animal. I then found myself in a breach position and my umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck. During the later stages of mum's pregnancy, I moved back into the appropriate position for a natural birth and somehow untied the cord from around my neck in the process.

Image may contain: 1 person

3. My nan thought I was a male upon my arrival into the world. The reason? The umbilical cord. It doesn't make much sense, given that Nan has birthed my mother and her brother previously. Bonus: According to mum, my male birth name would of been Sebastian, which I think is a nice name.

4. I've adored Spider-Man since I was 9 and have owned various posters, figures, comics and film/tv series over the years.

5. I had a taste for performance from the age of a toddler. I'd reenact the entire Snow White movie on multiple occasions. I later studied Drama in secondary school and got back into acting in 2016. I've had to give up acting again due to work commitments and other personal reasons. However, I am open to returning to it in the future.

Image may contain: 12 people, indoor


6. I was an extremely introverted child. As the only child of my working, single mum, I had learnt to entertain myself through my imagination and found it difficult to engage with others my age. 

7. I've had lucid dreams for as long as I can remember, though I cannot dictate them, I enjoy them when they happen.



8. I was introduced to video games through my mum's (now ex) boyfriend aged 9 in 2001. The first video games I played were Spider-Man and Spyro 3 for the PS1. Then came Final Fantasy X. The rest is history. Prior to 2001, I'd never owned or played on a game console of any kind, so I didn't grow up on the likes of Pokemon for the Gameboy etc.

9. I had a large collection of Barbie dolls as a child. My favourites included the Rapunzel and Strawberry releases. Other favourite toys included Polly Pockets (plus the Disney versions), Loveable bears and various magic wands.

Image may contain: 2 people

(Were you even a British 90's kid if you didn't have a Mcdonald's Birthday party?)


10. I collected two types of Pokemon cards as a kid. The standard training ones, which are very recognisable, even today and the character profile versions, manufactured by a company called Topps.

11. We relocated to a City located on the outskirts of Birmingham in 2002. This was the summer before officially starting secondary school and because of the move,  I didn't know anyone from primary school. I found it difficult to adjust to new surroundings as well as adapting to a secondary school environment and do not possess fond memories of the school or the area to this day.

12. My mother was a strict vegetarian during my childhood but her eating habits were never transferred to me. I have always been an extremely picky eater, though I'm a lot better in recent years and open to trying new foods.

No automatic alt text available.


13. I drink soya milk with my cereals, porridge and organic coffees. I only drink green teas and water on a day to day basis, barr the occasional treat. I rarely eat any meat aside chicken and I eat tuna/cod. I avoid bread as much as possible and stick to wholemeal breads and pastas.

14. I have been unemployed and made redundant in my adult life. I continued education for 4 years after secondary school and completed a distant learning course in my previous place of employment.

15. I was once informed I was more 'sackable' than the other 'star employees', by a previous employer. True story.


Image may contain: 1 person

16. I've always struggled with mathematics and still do today. I feel this is largely due to the fact that basic sums were not implemented in secondary school, as we were forced to transition into more complicated areas of the subject.

17. I've always enjoyed writing and never struggled with English language as a subject. I believe it's simply genetic, just like how I'm not particularly gifted in mathematics.

18. There are certain words I always struggle to spell correctly, initially. An example, is the word 'restaurant'. It's like my brain rejects these words for fully forming entirely haha.



19. I have a condition called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome that has/had affected my skin, cycle, weight and other internal health issues.

20. My all time favourite video game is Final Fantasy VII, released in 1997. I first played it in 2002 and have completed it numerous times. Biggest in game achievements were the likes of maxing out various materia, breeding a Golden Chocobo, defeating some of the bonus weapons such as Ruby and limit breaks such as Cloud's Omnislash. 



21. One of my biggest fears is losing my status as an employee. That, daddy-long-legs and large house spiders. Nope.

22. I sing as a hobby. Sometimes, music will speak to me and I'll have a nice little melody or lyric pop up in my brain. I guess they're the 'muses'. 

23. Some of my favourite musical artists include Tori Amos, Metallica, Nobou Uematsu, The Black Mages, Kate Bush, Marillion, Asking Alexandria and more.

24. Debatable topics that intrigue me include Astronomy, theories concerning the entertainment industry, Area 51, the Sea and all things in it. 



25. I often feel as though brain cells are shut off, as if they're on standby and need to be stimulated for awakening. 

26. Places I'd like to visit before I'm 30 include the Orlando resort in Florida, Tokyo, Japan and the South of France.
_________________________________________________________


Connect:


Follow my Instagram at: shez_palmer


Snapchat: xmako_eyesx

















No comments:

Post a Comment