Tuesday 22 December 2015

An Update

Instead of writing a review (as I usually do) I thought it may be a good idea to give a life update instead!

So, Christmas is just round the corner and as you'll all know, being an adult at Christmas is a completely different experience to when you was a child. As a young 'un, the build up to the day is for some, unbearable or really exciting - and yeah, you wake up (probably too early) wait for your family to gather round the tree (which would normally take a while because adults prefer lie ins) and watch in amazement as you unwrap every single with sheer determination and force! So not forgetting the generic but scrumptious Christmas dinners, the playtime and the cringey movies, that's how the day would normally go for a child!


As an adult, it's a little more stressful.




For a start, you actually have to BUY the presents for other people and that's when you actually appreciate the effort that goes into ONE bloody day of the year. I find all these old traditions quite petty really, yet I am still actively involved in some of them. I mean, I'm a non religious person who was born and raised that way, so I don''t celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, I just participate as someone who enjoys the jingle bell scenery and opening gifts!




So yeah, presents, what a nightmare for all of our bank accounts! This year I spent a lot more than I did last year as I was previously unemployed. Since I got into a relationship, I've had a lot more people to buy for than I used to and I won't lie, it WAS a huge strain for Birthdays and Christmases last year because I was also trying to save the little money I had as it was! However, I managed it well, the perks of being sensible I guess! Usually, I get grumpy around Christmas because of the cold weather and other personal circumstances, however this year, I am trying my hardest to get into the Christmas spirit and am looking forward to whatever presents I receive on the day! 

More:




What else have I been up to aside buying presents? Well, the usual working, housework, The Vampire Diaries, repeat! Yep, I started watching TVD back in late October and I am currently in the middle of season 6! I have no idea why I've never shown interest to this programme before as I enjoy a lot of shows and films with mythological and supernatural beings in! In my opinion, it shows a better side to Vampires than the Twilight series. Although TVD is regarded as a "teen series" it is rating 15 and has some rather gory and brutal  elements to it - no joke, this show will emotionally challenge you at the best of times. No wonder it's such a long running series! I took it into my stride to start watching more series this year because I've always been terrible at keeping up to date with tv shows, however Netflix has saved me from being behind the times haha! I plan on watching TDV spin off series "The Originals" next because after the originals departed from TVD in series 4/5, I've been curious to see what happens next! Plus Joseph Morgan is one of the funniest actors I have watched on screen - his witty comments for the character of Klaus can definitely perk you up on a dark day! 



This isn't new territory for me but recently, I have been writing songs again! Compiling lyrics and breaking down sentences into verses, bridges and chorus's has posed as a challenge to me as it's been quite some time since I bothered to sit there and let my emotions break into a song. Often, a melody will pop up in my head at the most random times; just before I drop off to sleep or when I'm in the shower and I truly believe the best compositions from any artists come unexpected when you're not purposely trying to think too hard about it. As it stands, my current lyrics are in the format of a poem, saved on my iPhone notes as I literally just write what comes into my head as soon as the opportunity presents itself. It would be indeed, grand if I had a musical loop set up, along with a decent quality microphone so I could experiment with some sounds. However, I DO have a keyboard I can use for the time being - I'll be mindful to post any updates regarding my musical ventures in the future.




I better get on the Star Wars hype while I'm at it. To be honest, I wasn't a Star Wars fan till this very year! Star Wars has always been a big franchise and I never took much of an interest despite being a sci fi fan. Lee introduced me to the films this year, starting with Episode's 4, 5 6 then finishing our viewings with the prequels. I have to say, I enjoyed all of them, despite the negative criticism the prequels get and I don't think Hayden Christensen is a "bad" actor as such - I feel he portrayed the troubled character Anakin Skywalker very well, the best he could really. Me, Lee and a couple of our friends recently viewed the the new sequel, The Force Awakens" last weekend and our hopes were high given the rave reviews and comments from Steven Spielberg. We were certainly not disappointed, however I shall not be revealing spoilers -there are some shock moments and I will say that Kylo Ren is a fantastic new villain for the series to replace the original Darth Vader! 


Now, I must bid you all farewell! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and keep on the look out for future posts!




Shez :)


Facebook


Instagram


Twitter


BlogLovin


No comments:

Post a Comment