Thursday 25 June 2015

STOP THE MELTDOWN! Urban Decay "All Nighter" Make-Up Setting Spray - 30ml Travel Size

I've been excited about this post because I've been using this product for a couple of months now and I couldn't do without it!


Urban Decay are well renowned for their classic eyeshadow "Primer Potion" and their "Naked" eyeshadow palettes. I first heard of their setting spray range late 2014 and whilst strolling through Debenhams, I decided to purchase a travel sized version of the "All Nighter" setting spray. 

The travel sized spray comes in a small bottle and there is 30ml of product. The full sized bottle contains 118ml of product.


Here's what Urban Decay say about their "All Nighter" product:


"To give make up serious staying power, mist on Urban Decay All Nighter Make Up Setting Spray. For smoother looking skin that keeps make up from settling into fine lines or disappearing through the night, turn to Urban Decay All Nighter Make Up Setting Spray"



A bold purple and white bottle! I should mention that there are TWO lids - there's an additional clear lid under the purple one, I can only assume this is for health and safety purposes. 



The spray is a standard clear liquid formula that dries into the skin.


 Now, I've suffered with very oily skin since the age of 12 and I have a good skin care regime that keeps it fairly controlled but it's hard to find make-up to suit my needs. I was hoping that this setting spray could achieve what most primers can't do on my problematic skin - STOP the shine!


Another annoyance I have is that for some reason, my make-up never stays on well when I'm at work compared to when I'm not. I had the same issue at school and college - come 1pm, I'd need to re-apply my concealer and powder all over again. I have no idea what causes this but others say it could be the harsh lights found in classrooms and offices, still, I'm not utterly convinced! 


Due to my oily skin woes, the true test of this product would be to see how well it serves on an average work day and here's what I thought:


I am pretty impressed with it! You only need to spray a small amount (hold the bottle about 15cm away from your face and spray in an x and y fashion) to keep your make-up in place. The spray settles into your face quickly so you don't need to worry about looking rained on, so to speak! It locks just about everything you've put on your face into place; eyeshadow, setting powder, lipstick, you name it! 


I am yet to test this glorious product on a "club night out" but I am sure it will serve its purpose when the time comes! 

I would recommend the full size if you've got cash to splash and you're confident this product works for you - perhaps you've already used up a few bottles of the travel sized version and you'd rather not spend £9 every few months or so. Having said that, I have had the travel sized bottle for a couple of months, I use it about 4 times a week on average and there's no sign of it running out yet which I think is amazing for just £9!


Would I repurchase? I am certain I will purchase the "De Slick" version of the setting spray I've discovered because whilst the All Nighter does the trick, the de slick targets oily woes, so it may  work more to my advantage! 

Has anyone else been happy with the All Nighter? Who has tried the De Slick? Is it good for oily skin! Comment below! Thanks to anyone who's read this post! :)


Shez x


My Instagram


My BlogLovin



No comments:

Post a Comment