Monday 29 June 2015

LOCKING MAKE-UP INTO PLACE: PREP AND PRIME, MAC COSMETICS REVIEW!

Behold - another setting spray review of a product that has been raved about by the beauty bloggers of the world!


I watched and read reviews of the "Fix +" setting spray, £15.50 available from Mac's "Prep + Prime" range. The idea of the prime products is to prepare your skin - to ensure you have a "ready made" base to apply your foundation, concealer and powder. There are also prime products available for your lashes and lips but I think your skin is the key for a flawless looking finish! Here's what "Mac" claim their Fix + spray can do: 


"A lightweight, mineral rich finishing mist that refreshes the skin and finishes makeup. Helps create an even surface for a smooth makeup application. Same Fix + formula with upgraded packaging." - MAC Cosmetics UK website.

Whilst I was already super impressed with my Urban Decay setting spray, I didn't think there'd be any harm in trying a product from one of their rival companies! I picked up the fix spray from a MAC concession store in Selfridges and I couldn't help but admire the glittery box the product comes in.

"A lightweight, mineral rich finishing mist that refreshes the skin and finishes makeup. Helps create an even surface for a smooth makeup application. Same fix + formula with upgraded packaging."

 

The fix + spray contains 100ml of product. The bottle is a fairly large size and provided you use it sparingly, I doubt anyone would run out of this spray in a hurry! The bottle appearance is clear so you can see how much product you have left, however the white writing seems a challenge to read without focusing, I think a black font would of been MUCH better. 

 

The liquid is a standard clear colour with no obvious scent. To use the spray you must twist the cap in order to be able to spray any of the product out - this also ensures there will be no spilling if you wish to pack your bottle into your bag for the night! Compared to the Urban Decay spray, the consistency feels thicker and seems to take a little more time to soak into my skin but this may differ for other people! I have sprayed this onto my face BEFORE applying foundation as many beauty bloggers have praised it's effects on the skin by doing so. Unfortunately, whether applied directly to my bare skin or over make-up, this certainly does NOT "lock" my make-up into place or enhance the appearance of my skin - this product sadly does nothing for me at all so I sold it a couple of months after purchasing! 


Please do not let my review put you off buying this! I have combination/oily skin and I feel this product contained a higher level of moisture than my usual setting spray, so I can only guess this would be great for those with a dryer skin type! 

Obviously, I will not be repurchasing this product again which is a shame as I was so excited when I bought it!

Who has tried the Fix + spray or would like to? Has anyone used the other prep and prime products available from MAC Cosmetics? Comment below!

Thanks for reading!

Shez :D x


Social Media





                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment