Thursday 2 August 2018

Where’s my blogging mojo?


thumb image





My previous post saw me closing a chapter on the majority of negativity in my life, beginning anew and embracing what was to come. But now, I must begin anew once again.

It’s always like this. In a moment of a blissful temporary high, you mentally plan to knuckle down and spruce up your blog content, feeling excited at the fact you’ve decided to post at least once every couple of weeks or so. Then life gets in the way – the usual justification for anyone’s lack of content. In the space of 3 months I have endured my fair share of hardships, though two of those were through choice. 

Circumstances prompted me to make firm decisions to avoid inevitable upset in the near and distant future. Something I struggle with (due to my mental health battles) is motivation and I have pretty much mastered the art of procrastination – it’s not something I’m proud of. Sometimes I look back on my younger self and think; ‘how the heck did you wind up this way’?  I faced and fought off plenty of battles in my teens/early 20’s, but at 26, almost 27, I am not where I’d hoped to be.

Still, I thought I’d note things I have achieved this year, despite the darkened tone to this post:

-Attended two conventions and debuted two new cosplays.

-One of those conventions involved spending a weekend in London.

-Allowed pictures to be taken of me at both conventions attended this year.

-Finally being able to like something about myself physically– my hair which has grown a ton lately.

-Participated in my first professional photoshoot.

-        -The simple admittance and acknowledging that I wasn’t okay at all during January/February.

-        -Finally found the strength to remove myself from a negative situation that was holding me back and bringing my down physically and mentally.

-        -Moved into a nice spacious apartment.

-        -Met one of my closest friends who I now live with.


Til then.......
_______________________________________________________





No comments:

Post a Comment