Monday 7 December 2015

Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Foundation Light 45 Review

So you may have read my post reviewing Kat Von D's concealers but now it's time to look at my favourite of all the products I have tried from the range so far!



I'm a big fan of the Estee Lauder double wear range and I have both the standard and maximum cover foundations! However, I have now found a foundation I prefer to use! Kat Von D Lock It foundation retails at a hefty £35.99 price from Roses Beauty Store but I managed to snap it up for £28 on an eBay auction!



According to Sephora, this is a heavy duty foundation which was developed specifically to conceal tattoos (much like the tattoo concealers) and harsh blemishes that regular foundations just simply cannot cover. 

Sephora States:
 "A high-pigment foundation for full coverage that leaves a long-lasting beautiful finish" 

"Kat Von D created this foundation to provide exceptional coverage without compromising a smooth, striking finish. Formulated with 21 percent pigment, this powerful formula was developed with proprietary pigments to match a broad range of skintones with bold, full coverage. The combination of raw materials and the best siliconic elastomers and siliconic esters provide 24-hour wear with transfer resistance. Natural polymers absorb oil for a matte, soft finish, and the added emollients provide a velvety texture for perfectly-smooth, hydrated skin."


It's also free of parabens and synthetic fragrances. 



(With Flash Camera)
(Front)
(Back)

I love the packaging and the design is definitely my favourite out of all foundation's I have tried! The bottle contains 30ml of product and I say, the packaging is rather large and sturdy which means you definitely get your moneys worth here! An advantage of this foundation is the fact it has a pump dispenser, which means you can distribute the RIGHT amount of foundation rather than squeezing/spilling too much product out!



There's a pretty good variety of colour range here. Lightest shade starts with light 42 all the way to deep 74!

I purchased Light 45 - best for fair/light complexions with a yellow undertone.

There is a scent to this foundation which is none overpowering in the slightest - I love the smell and I have no worries about applying it to my skin. The texture is creamy and dries to a demi matte finish.



 Swatches show this foundation is indeed yellow toned and doesn't look like a suitable match for my fair/neutral skin tone. However, it blended quite well into the skin on my face and the yellow tones reduced my redness!



I find 1 pump of foundation does the trick for me and that's saying something given my acne scarring. Of course, you WILL need concealer unless you prefer to layer the foundation. I find that using a small amount of foundation and concealer creates a much smoother and less cakey effect than just layering tons of product on!

I don't feel the "cake" face effect too much with this product and I certainly have done before with my Estee Lauder maximum cover foundation which was a pet peeve for me. I hate being able to feel I have products on my face and throughout the day it tends to feel quite dry and tight on my combination skin - this particular foundation however, DOES NOT result in this effect on my skin which is fantastic! That being said, it's vital your skin is prepped and polished through the use of a moisturiser/primer before applying this foundation! I also recommend Urban Decay's setting sprays for holding your makeup in place for the day! 

Super clean skins will probably love this foundation as much as those with lots of blemishes. The reasons beings are as follows:

Plenty of product in the bottle

Beautiful packaging

You only need a small amount to spread evenly over all your face and blend into your neck

The price can be considered fair given how long this foundation will last

There are reasons some may choose not to purchase this foundation:

Not purse friendly, therefore some may not be able to afford it in the first place, although it is a worthwhile investment!

Some may prefer a much thinner and less creamy texture

Dry skins may find this foundation oxides and emphasises dry patches on the skin

You may not need full coverage - however I personally feel that the fuller the coverage the more money you're going to save as you'll need a lot less product than a sheer coverage foundation.



Would I repurchase?

Maybe, just maybe - it's a little too expensive for my taste, due to shipping fees that double up the original price! That being said, if the range became available in UK stores then by all means, take my money!


Who has tried this foundation and do you rate it or slate it? Comment below!


Thanks for reading! :D Shez x



My Social Media:


Insta: shez_palmer


BlogLovin


facebook.com/shezpalmerthroughthosemakoeyes


No comments:

Post a Comment