Saturday 26 September 2015

The commonly hyped things in life

There's no particular subject regarding this post and the things discussed in it! Read on if you want to know what seems to be so hyped up in the world and why I don't feel the same way as others!

Okay, so this post is most likely going to appear as general ramblings about over-hyped subjects I don't agree with! 

Just a disclaimer: These words are only my OPINIONS and are neither factual or fictional!

One Direction
One Direction are a classic example of a traditionally manufactured band. Their origins began on the British TV show the "X Factor" where they'd each audition individually as solo artists. It turned out that "riding solo" wasn't to be for any of the boys and they soared through to the live shows as a band. They didn't win the show but are one of the most, if not THE most successful act from the British version of the X Factor! One Direction have a huge following and have managed to secure success overseas including the United States of America! However, I've never been able to get into their music! I'm not claiming they are all pop puppets and I know they can all sing - talent aside, I just find their songs generic and samey....I've just heard it all before sadly!

Oasis
Oasis are a much loved British band who established themselves as "Britpop" icons in the 90's! I personally would call their genre of music a blend of indie rock with the odd punk influence but since I'm not a fan, I am probably wrong!  Even post split, they are still a massive influence in British music and I doubt that will come to an end anytime soon! Unfortunately, Oasis are not remembered for just their music, but for the behaviour of lead singer Liam Gallagher. Anyway, the reason I'm not feeling the hype is because I genuinely can't STAND their music! I remember hearing a couple of their songs as a young child and feeling instantly depressed. Everytime I hear their damn songs I think of grey skies and foggy rainy days! I feel that my opinion on the music of Oasis is very unpopular but I would love to hear if you feel the same way! 

Minions
Not just a "film" but these little guys are a brand themselves. They're essentially a  money making pack of strange looking creatures that children and adults alike can't seem to get enough of! Admittedly I have not seen any of the Despicable Me films but I've been shown enough clips of Minions to make it a movie and I wasn't impressed, sorry! 

DR WHO
As a SCI FI fan, you think I'd easily get into the long running series. I was initially dubious about watching a single episode of this show, let alone the series but every show of it I've seen (including the David Tenant finale) have left me drifting off elsewhere by the end of an episode which is a dire shame. To me, it just seems to be inconsistent regarding the enjoyability factor because there's the occasional glimmer of entertainment yet it goes back to square 1 again! Dr Who just cannot get me gripped! 

Benefit They're Real
I had this mascara and whilst I was happy to use it, there's absolutely NO WAY it is worth the ridiculously high price tag! Did I mention it's an absolute pain to remove? It's not a BAD mascara but there are high street mascaras that do the job far better at a fraction of the price! Enough said!

Cheese
I have NEVER EVER liked cheese and never will. To me, it tastes vile and the texture of it in my mouth feels hideous and that makes me feel quite uncomfortable. Here's a fact about me: I LOVE pizza. I always have it without cheese. I have had a lot of odd looks and comments but a lot of restaurant staff members reacted surprisingly neutral towards my cheese woes and have admitted it's not that uncommon for someone to order pizza without cheese, allergies or not! 

Final Fantasy 8
As a huge Final Fantasy fan, this may come as a surprise to most, however, no matter how many attempts to love this game, I just can't! It's not the fact that there's a romantic influence in the story, it is because of the battle system and how you level up on the main menu! Give me a sphere and a crystarium grid any day! Don't get me started on the Guardian Force creatures you must "junction" either. Maybe I will give this game another go in the future (evidently, it has been years since I played it, therefore I'm not all knowledgeable on it) as I do not believe it is a "rubbish" video game, just one I haven't particularly took a liking to unlike most of the others! 

Jumpsuits

I cannot justify wearing one of these things. This type of apparel is best suited to taller ladies in my opinion but on myself? Nope just not going to happen.

The Big Beards
We all have the right to look/dress/style ourselves how WE please. I would like to hope that I wouldn't offend anyone with what I'm about to type but you can't escape the inevitable.....I cannot stand the big beard epidemic that occurred around a few years ago or so! I feel as though the beard trend ruins it for those who sported the style, years before it became a seemingly natural thing for a lot of males to do! Of course, if you're a low maintenance guy who can't be bothered to shave, it would seem that the obvious thing to do would be to leave facial hair alone. Yet.... nowadays some men are "respected" for having a large growth of hair on their face! It feels as though many men have purposely grown a beard in order to escape their past appearances and how they may/may not have been portrayed as your typical everyday "scene kid" with long hair and a bit of stubble at most in 2007-2011 - but now; you're the embodiment of a "true adult male" if you can grow more than a bit of stubble!

For one, I do NOT agree that facial hair makes you any more of a man than any other. Just to clarify; I do NOT think that every male with a beard is doing it for the virtue of necessity 
either. Some seem to take pride in maintaining their beards and fair enough to ALL of the above mentioned, but it's just not my cup of tea! I love a bit of stubble but that's my general limit and no, I wouldn't disown my partner if he ever grew more than a couple of inches of hair on his face but it must be said: Every time I see someone with a large beard I want to grab some scissors and cut it off, to me it seems unhygienic to leave hair alone for that amount of time and I have seen bits and pieces casually hanging out in a beard before - I mean, do they even pay rent to sit on one's beard? Jokes aside, I do not care if you choose to have a beard just don't expect me to "love it." :)

If you read this post, thanks for having a look at it and feel free to follow me on my social media links:

Instagram


Twitter


BlogLovin


:D x



All gifs from giphy.com

Image Sources:


Beard


Jumpsuit


Benefit Mascara


No comments:

Post a Comment